Race Car Rivets 1/8 ABS4246 colored Ultimate multi-grip
Made in America Race Car Rivets 1/8 ABS4246 colored ultimate multi-grip. These 1/8 inch diameter aluminum rivet body with low profile 1/4″ size small head with durable epoxy based semi-gloss painted finish prior to insertion of mating user friendly steel nail.
Race Car Rivets 1/8 ABS4246 colored ultimate multi-grip are one of aDP Rivet’s popular “Ultimate” rivet products. Ultimate rivets are enhanced multi-grip type rivets that were re-engineered by aDP Rivet to provide customers with an easy to use, fail-proof rivet. With over 3500 customer comments these Ultimate rivets have helped aDP Rivet maintain a 100% customer approval rating for over ten years. These Race Car Rivets 1/8 ABS4246 colored ultimate multi-grip take the worry out of measuring how thick the application materials are because they will work from paper thin up to 3/8″ thick. Furthermore by filling over-sized holes makes these rivets a helpful tool when fixing your race car. Because the nail has a pyramid shaped head it’s easy to insert into the hole. As a result look at the Advantages when using our Race Car Rivets 1/8 ABS4246 colored ultimate multi-grip.
Ultimate Rivet Advantages:
1. Fills over-sized, oblong and worn out holes up to 5/32″. Great rivet when hand drilling holes in metals and many other materials as rivet swells to fill the hole even when the drilled hole isn’t perfect.
2. EASY DRILL-OUT replacement as you only drill aluminum. If you need to remove these rivets it’s easy because the unique design steel nail head always remains in the extreme back or blind side. That means you only need to drill out the aluminum rivet head and not the steel nail.
3. Tight clamp-up with 600 pounds pulling power. These rivets will pull multiple sheets together while clamping and holding tight. Great for riveting Dzus springs and quarter turn fasteners.
4. NO back-up washer needed. These rivets form their own layers of over-sized bulges on the back or blind side materials wide enough to hold even if the hole is about 5/32″. Clamps Dzus springs and quarter turn fasteners tightly in place.
5. Solid, tight joint results with water resistance abilities. When this rivet is set it swells out to fill the hole as well as around it’s unique design steel nail head to form a weather and water resistant solid joint.
6. Nail never sticks out finish side. Most of all these rivets never have a protruding nail sticking out the finish side.
Applications range from aluminum sheet panels on off and on road vehicles, to snowmobiles and livestock trailers. Often used in the Motorsports industry for riveting Dzus spring clips and car body panels to tubular frames. Colored rivets are popular where a more visually pleasing finish is desired. With their semi-gloss durable finish, these rivets provide installers an easy to use fastener to hold their product tightly together.
Recommended application conditions for these Race Car Rivets 1/8 ABS4246 colored ultimate multi-grip
First of all start with #30 Drill size. Hence a slightly over-sized 1/8″, (0.129 to 0.140 hole diameter. The application thickness before the rivet is inserted should be between 1/16″ to 3/8″. This will allow our 1/8″ diameter high alloy Aluminum rivet body and mating steel nail to perform as intended.